August 2021: No Defense Virtual Panel Discussion. Join Monica Lewis Patrick from We the People of Detroit as she moderates a discussion on ‘No Defense’, a documentary about the long-lasting and detrimental impacts of PFAS contamination in Oscoda, MI from firefighting foam used at the Wurtsmith Air Force base. Click here to watch the recording.
- July 2021: MLIVE Environmental Justice Project featuring Theresa Landrum from 48217 and Justin Onwenu from Sierra Club, who are CAPHE partners. Dr. Amy Schulz, Dr. Trish Koman and Dr. Paul Mohai from the University of Michigan are also featured: The Fight for Environmental Justice in Michigan
- February 2020: Ventilation and Virus Mitigation in Schools: Creating a Game Plan to Reduce COVID-19 Risk and Make Lasting Improvements to Indoor Air Quality. Learn how to reduce risk, improve your air quality, equip staff to implement risk reduction strategies, and replicate best practices to improve the ventilation, filtration, and system monitoring in your school district.
- June 2020: The City of Detroit’s Green Task Force hosted a Climate Action Roundtable Discussion, featuring Karina Richters, Supervisor of Environmental Sustainability and Climate Change. She spoke about how Windsor, Ontario is responding climate change, and addressed Windsor’s Climate Adaptation Plan and Equity, extreme weather projects, and opportunities for partnership between the City of Windsor and the City of Detroit.
- June 2020: Recording of a Panel Discussion on COOKED: Survival by ZIP Code, featuring the film’s director/producer, and local researchers and activists. View accompanying presentation slides with a map from the film and Detroit-based resources here.
- May 2020: Recording of Virtual Townhall to Promote Health Environments and Air Quality, in partnership with COVID313 and Detroit Public Television.